Relatability. Before, you start thinking I am talking about dating - be advised - I am not. I am happily married.
Instead, what I am talking about is the ability of some people to relate to others. Last night, I listened (couldn't watch since I was signing and needed to use my eyes) to my most beautiful and wondeful wife interact with other adults and teenage girls. She can relate to all groups and is able to talk to them.
I go to work and other places on a regular basis and find that some people in management in various departments (vague enough?) lack this ability in the worst way. They are so afraid of saying the wrong thing or trying to compensate for lack of general education and people skills that they end up sounding incompetent, unprofessional, and in general stupid.
Don't even get me started on verbal fillers!
Why can't people simply be who they are and acknowledge to themselves and others their inabilities and weaknesses so that they can be made stronger : )
In the meantime, if you ever see me cringing it is because somebody probably said something so out of place that all I can do is cringe, pretend it didn't happen and think of a happy place
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment