Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Randomness #10
Maybe I am alone on this one, but does anybody under the age of 21 know what a book is anymore? So many youth these days are so dependent on their electronics, that I don't think that there are very many of them left who know how to open and use a book. A while back, a young person actually asked me "What is a table of contents?" If you know me, you know that when I say it took everything within me not to be sarcastic, you know I mean it. From electornic gadgets and games at way too early of an age to the electronic babysitter the youngsters are being overstimulated and under-educated. Gone are the days when kids can easily imagine. Rather, they have to have something spoonfed to them. There is a famous movie about a boy wizard which made reading cool again, but many didn't read the books until after the movie. I actually heard the comment "but he doesn't look like that in the movie." Why won't kids just read books? Why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean. You are actually considered weird by the younger people if you actually read a book.
Post a Comment