Thursday, December 11, 2008

Randomness #7

Subj: Unsung Heroes

I have quite a few of these in my life. At different times, some are more prevalent than others and almost universally I never thank all of them like I should. These are the people for whom I carefully attribute the word "friend" to. Over the past *&^*&^ years, I have met lots of people, but few have been there when they were really needed. I think of a dear family I know in the Bay Area who are always there and allow me the escape from the world whenever I am there. I think of friends locally who show me that sometimes simplicity can be more rewarding than anything else in life. I think of a married couple I know, older than myself, who have become like a second set of parents and are just fun to hang out with on occasion. I recall the friendship of those who speak another language and what they have offered me in helping me realize a thirst for learning all over again and to tap into the weird part of my mind that LOVES to learn foreign languages. Most of all, I think of my best friend who loves me through thick and thin, good and bad, cheery and cranky (early mornings all year long lead to one cranky guy here), happy and sad and whatever other circumstance I may throw her into. She has never faltered in her love and support and for that I am truly amazed. I know that this beautiful woman is the one who will never fail me and will always be there. For that reason, she really is my best friend!

No comments: